According to the Blogger people, this is my 50th post. When I started this site a few months ago, I worried that I wouldn't have anything to say. Now I can't shut up. I appreciate my readers (all five or six of them) for sticking with me as I dealt with hard-hitting subjects such as toilet manners, my hair issues and my ongoing relationship with Ned. This time, I thought I'd treat you with something special. I'm writing 50 random facts about me. Enjoy!
"I, Strength/Courage/Wisdom ...."
1. ... Love the color red
2. Hate the color green, particularly lime green
3. Know all the words to "Ice, Ice Baby"
4. Memorized the movie, "The Last Dragon"(one of my favorite movies). I also have the movie on VHS and DVD, as well as the soundtrack.
5. Had two imaginary friends, a girl named Rareress and Nana the horse.
6. Owned four parakeets -- Twootles, Samantha, BeeBee & GeeGee -- at separate times and I killed them all
7. Once ate a piece of soap. More about that in a later post.
8. Have a black belt in karate
9. Once had a boyfriend who is a a Little Person (we were 11)
10. Have a car I nicknamed Mimi
11. Have a pet cat named Simba
12. Have an acoustic guitar nicknamed Shug
13. Have a half-nude statue named Sheba
14. Have an obsession with naming things
15. Love the letter 'S'
16. Own a serious Archie Comic Book collection, with some issues going back to the 1960s
17. Am an Aries
18. Once thought Emmanuel Lewis wrote the dictionary. Ya know, he had that show called "Webster"
19. Was pointed at by Eric Benét during a concert in Orlando in 2001. (I'm not making this up, there were witnesses!)
20. Have a scrapbook
21. Have dated at least three guys named Steve (all at different times)
22. Have a autographed picture from New Edition, written by Ralph Tresvant. It says, 'To Strength, From New Edition -- We're with you all the way'
23. Learned about slavery through a very strange roleplaying exercise with my mother. We even got slave names -- hers was Belle and mine was Lou. (Don't ask, more about this in a later post)
24. Speculated that my father was the Incredible Hulk after seeing him without his shirt on
25. Can't swim
26. Am madly in love with both Bruce Lee and Langston Hughes, despite that whole dead thing.
27. Love "A Walk in the Clouds", despite the fact that Keanu Reeves can't act.
28. Am slue-footed
29. Once worked in a prison
30. Worked at a bagel shop where a manager nearly cut off my finger while trying to play a joke. 31. Met G. Money from New Jack City, aka Allen Payne
32. Accidentaly ripped off a boy's shirt while roller skating
33. Love "The Sound of Music", but I still refuse to watch the second half of the movie because it's way too sad
34. Told a teacher in nursery school to 'sit on it' and got sent home
35. Was once left handed, until my parents forced me to use my right hand. Now my handwriting is terrible.
36. Still don't know what I want to be when I grow up
37. Google every guy I go out with prior to date #1
38. Love thunderstorms, as long as I'm safely tucked away
39. I hate baseball, but love going to baseball games
40. Think Uma Thurman and Tyra Banks look alike, despite the obvious complexion differences.
41. Want the troops to come home
42. Want to love and be loved, preferably by someone who is not on the down-low, crazy or has crazy tendencies
43. Hate the taste of beer
44. Love to watch boxing matches. I like to pretend the men are fighting over me.
45. Want to visit Egypt
46. Dreamt that I woke up in my second grade classroom. I was a kid again and everything that happened since then in my life had been a dream. How I wish that were true.
47. Will almost always give my phone number to a man with dimples, unless he's missing teeth.
48. Keep a diary
49. Considered naming my cat, Sho'Nuff after the villan in "The Last Dragon", one of my favorite movies.
50. Am obsessed with sudoku puzzles.