Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Pimpin' the Oscars


I've been meaning to post something about this year's Academy Awards, but Ned got in the way. There's so much I could say about that award show, but I don't want to ramble on forever. The best way I can summarize my feelings on the awards is by offering my version of what the academy called Best Original Song. The award went to 'It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp' for the movie, 'Hustle & Flow.'

Here's my own version of the song. I call it, 'It's Hard Out Here for a Chick.'

Don’t you know it’s hard out here for a chickkkk
being typecast in bad movie scripts
it’s hard out here for a chickkkk
hustlin and flowin
directors knowin
you only get Oscar for showin tits
it’s hard out here for a chickkkk
unwed mothers
down-low brothers
and a System with rules that ain’t legit.

It’s hard out here for a chickkkkkk.

That is my phrase for the '06. It's hard out here for a chick.
Peace.
s/c/w
(Photo courtesy of http://fredericktown.k12.mo.us/hs/highschool/1009_musical_notes.jpg)

1 comment:

Motownrunner said...

nice lyrics. it's hard out there for a chica too.