Saturday, December 06, 2008

Music Makes My World Go Round

I had computer problems a few months ago, that caused me to reformat my hard drive. That was a big pain, but an even larger problem was that I lost most of the music on my iPod and I had to add it again. I'm still missing some tracks that I've burned from folks, but I'm slowly managing to get it back.

In the few years that I've had the iPod, it's become quite important to me. I use my Workout Mix to help me get motivated for my workout sessions, or even the drive to work. I have my Slow Jamz playlist for days when I want to feel melancholy. Anyway, I thought I'd share a few of these track listings, just in case anyone was looking for some selections in either category.

WORKOUT MIX
Real People -- Common
30 Something -- Jay-Z
Anything -- Jay-Z & Usher (CONSTANT REPEAT)
A Milli -- Lil Wayne
Mrs. Officer -- Lil Wayne
Hope it felt Good -- Nikka Costa (CR)
Duffle Bag Boy -- Lil Wayne (CR)
Don't Cha -- Pussycat Dolls
Buttons -- Pussycat Dolls
Feels Good -- Tony, Toni, Tone'
Just Fine -- Mary J. Blige (CR)
Work That -- Mary J. Blige (CR)

SLOW JAMZ!
This Year's Love -- David Gray
Love Lockdown -- Kanye West (CR)
Poetry Man -- Phoebe Snow (CR)
Is It A Crime -- Sade
You're Not the Man -- Sade (CR)
Dreaming with a Broken Heart -- John Mayer (not for the weak)
Violet Hill -- Coldplay
When I See U -- Fantasia
Whatever You Want -- Tony Toni Tone'
Hurt Again -- Mary J. Blige (CR)
Save The Best for Last -- Vanessa Williams (CR)


Lately, Kanye West's 808s & Heartbreak release has taken the place of the Slow Jamz list. Good stuff, but you have to be in the mood for it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol I thought about posting my workout mix too. Surprisingly, we have a few of the same songs.