Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

I, for one, am happy 2009 is here. Don't get me wrong, the '08 treated me the same way as all those other years -- I was up, I was down, I was happy, I was sad. But the '09 has arrived, so it is time to put away last year's news.

For New Year's Eve, I did something most folks would think strange. I bowed out of a party to go to the movies -- by myself. I caught a double feature of 'Marley and Me' and 'Slumdog Millionaire.' (I enjoyed both, cried at both) I wasn't particularly in the party mood, and I don't know the guest of honor too well, or her guests, so I managed to dodge it without any hard feelings. I hear the folks that went had a good time. Well, good for them, it just wasn't my scene.

The other day, I opened an email I wrote to myself a few months ago about the five goals I wanted to accomplish by the end of the year. It was a difficult list, but I put some of my marching orders into action -- I eliminated certain people from my life and I finished drafts five and six of my fiction novel. There are some goals I haven't even touched yet, but I'll get there.

However, goal #3, which I titled 'Fish don't fry in the kitchen/a bean don't burn on the grill,' which is pretty much my way of saying I'm going to start cooking more. I'm off to a good start, but there is something about eating out that just makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over. Ah well.

Here's to a healthy and prosperous '09!

No comments: