Sunday, April 16, 2006

Buried Treasure


I read recently about some kind of religious custom where a person selects what books they'd like to be buried with. Of course, I can't remember what religion this was and I can't find it on google. Either way, I'm posting my top 10 list of books and cd's I'd like to be buried with. With all that stuff in there, the morticians won't have room for my corpse. Oh well... I'll have to live forever!

Books (in no particular order)

1. Lesson before dying, by Ernest Gaines
2. Erasure, by Percival Everett
3. Your Blues Ain’t Like Mine, by Bebe Moore Campbell
4. The Tenants, by Bernard Malamud (soon to be a movie featuring Snoop Dogg!!)
5. Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides
6. Cry, the Beloved Country
7. Tar Baby, by Toni Morrison
8. Song of Solomon, by Toni Morrison
9. Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe
10.Kindred, by Octavia Butler


CDs
1. The Breakthrough, Mary J. Blige
2. My Life, Mary J. Blige
3. Infinite Possibilities, Amel Larrieux
4. This is Who I Am, Heather Headley
5. Who is Jill Scott? Jill Scott
6. Phrenology,The Roots
7. Juslisen… Musiq
8. The Emancipation of Mimi, by Mariah Carey
9. Voyage to India, India.Arie
10. The Best of Sade, Sade (tied with Lovers Rock)

(photo courtesy of http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Cinema/7927/SimplyCPhotos/sade07c.jpg)

No comments: