Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Sunday Spin

1. This week/weekend was kinda good and kinda exhausting

2. I'm happy to report that my seasonal running program is in full effect. I can now run 13 minutes nonstop ...

3. ... And that's only with good weather, a tall bottle of cold water and a good episode of This American Life blaring in my ear.

4. I had such a good time watching my goddaughter get baptized this weekend that I was able to overlook the fact that the church was in the hood ...

5. ... Or that we were required to remain on our feet for two hours ....

6. ... Or the slight interrogation (again) from the priest over my not being Catholic.

7. Now I'm watching 'The Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants (Pt 2)' on HBO and thinking about a bubble bath and dinner. The premiere of True Blood comes on tonight!

2 comments:

...they call me "L" said...

can somebody please slap that priest for being a jerk?

my homegirl just told me about that show True Blood...what the heck is it about? I'll have to check it out...

Peace sis!

Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

Right!

True Blood is a great show. In short, it's about vampires trying to be part of regular society. So there's all this new kind of discrimination and fight for civil rights struggles going on. Lots of blood, guts, sex and violence as well!