Sunday, June 07, 2009

The Sunday Spin

1. I had a restless sleep last night. I coughed, tossed and turned and had a crazy dream ...

2. ... one where I was at a job interview, but got stuck inside the bathroom! when i did finally get out of the bathroom, I was in the big city ....

3. stumbling through the crowded streets, wearing a skirt that was too small. every step I made, I had to stop and pull my skirt down ...

4. but I woke up and got out of that fretful, 10-hour night of sleep. I spent the rest of the day getting ready for my guitar recital that was this evening.

5. So, I watched 'Brick Lane' and I practiced the two songs that I planned to play at the recital -- 'The Gauge' and 'With Ease.' I am masterful in playing 'The Gauge'! However, I'm a bit rusty in my playing of 'With Ease.'

6. I got to the location of the recital -- a church -- a tad bit early, but I was a bit concerned by the emptiness of the parking lot. But I went inside anyway and interrupted what seemed to be that church's evening concert, as well as their 'Coffee Talk' night.

7. After driving around the neighborhood several times and frantically calling my guitar teacher, I learned my recital was yesterday, not today. Sigh. Now all I can do is watch the season premiere of 'Weeds'* and get ready for the work week.

*And now I realize that the season premiere of Weeds isn't until tomorrow night. All my dates are confused! ARGH!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol at that dream! and i wish i had hbo to check out weeds. i hear good stuff about it.