Thursday, July 26, 2007

To My Footsies ....


Dear Feet,



First off, Mama loves you. Seriously. No part of my body has had my back the way you have. You get me through the longest days by adding a spring in my step and there is no greater joy than rubbing you after a long day's work. I know I've put you through some rough patches, like my karate phase where I slammed you into wooden boards, and let's not even talk about the blood clot. As I've gotten older, I've learned to appreciate you two much more. I've even come to appreciate the sluefootedness.



I know the summer months are hard on you, but I want to remind you that that's no excuse to just fall apart on a sister. Remember that both sides of my family are cursed with horrible feet (actually, some folks' look more like monkey paws), but we haven't had to deal with that. I can't even wear sandals around my family anymore because they get so jealous of your beauty!



I have been concerned about your behavior lately. I bought a new pair of sandals, which you seemed to like at the store. But once I wore them for a full day, you wanted to scream out in pain. And you kept me up half the night holding ice to the bumps that had developed near each heel. It wasn't later until I noticed some of your other issues, like the peeling on the right foot. Really, there's no reason for this! I lotion you two up daily and in the summer months, I douse you in vaseline and sleep wearing socks. You are the most lubricated pair of feet on the planet. There is no need for this behavior!



Ok, I'm done criticizing you. This is just a reminder that the summer is almost over and you are going on a cruise in September. No matter what issues you have now, you better be over them by the time I step onto that boat. If my feet look jacked up while I'm in the Carribbean, I'm liable to get rid of ya'll and find a new pair.



Smooches!


Strength

(Photo from http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/mummy/images/ikra-03-feet-l.jpg)







5 comments:

Motownrunner said...

when are you going to the caribbean?

Muze said...

this is hilarious! my feet love the summer. it's the winter that they have a problem with. lol..

i'm sooo jealous! i wanna go on a cruise!

Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

Thanks! I'm going on a cruise the first week of September. I can't wait. I even got my passport on time. Hooray!

...they call me "L" said...

How was the book mommi?! Well, not like I really care (LOL!), but I truly hope you enjoyed it! Take care of those feet...

Motownrunner said...

dude, that picture grosses me out.