Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Midweek Muse (**”Drench yourself in splendor whenever possible. Good for the soul”)

1. I didn’t do a Sunday Spin this week because I was just too exhausted, and I figured that all three of my readers would understand (Hi, Mom! * jokes *)

2. Trying to become a homeowner is really kicking my butt, but I can’t wait for the day when I can walk into my own front door, paint my office bright red and grow tomatoes in my backyard

3. But for now, I have to deal with Craig and dem and the mysterious case of who’s baby’s sock just got mixed up in my laundry

4. You know what else is exhausting? Being in a funk, so that ish is over

5. I mean, there’s only so many times I can listen to Mary J Blige’s ‘I’m Going Down’ cd, or decry the fact that my Waiting to Exhale soundtrack skips so badly that Whitney’s ‘Why Does It Hurt So Bad’ sounds like it’s being performed by Charlie Brown’s schoolteacher

6. I have moved onto a constant diet of things that make me happy, like laughter, french fries, loud, misogonystic music and old episodes of Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman (yes, I was a rabid fan back in the day)

7. And more importantly, the tv show, Bridezillas. Dem heffas are crazy.


I hope everyone is having a great week!

(**Tweet from Terry McMillan at 1 a.m. July 13, 2010)

2 comments:

Motownrunner said...

Bridezilla's??? Never watched it. I'm going to pray for you to get out of your funk. I miss you. I started a new book club and we're reading the girl with the dragon tattoo. did i tell you this already. not loving the book so far. but i'm still way at the start....

Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

You MUST watch Bridezillas!!! Cattiness at it's finest. I miss you too! I finished the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. It does take a while to get into it, but it's good. However, the ending is a bit of a let down. We'll have to compare notes when you're done! (The book is violent, btw)