Monday, October 27, 2008

Baby, I Need Your Lovin

Most kids got bedtime stories, but I was treated to Four Tops songs. Actually, it was one song in particular.

Whenever it was bedtime and Mom gave me my story, she’d talk about how much she loved me and break into her rendition of “Baby I Need Your Lovin’” by the Four Tops. It became our song and we used to sing it together most nights. We only knew the chorus and to this day, neither one of us knows any of the verses. But, no matter where I am, when this song comes on, I think of my Mama. And she thinks of me.

So we were both upset to learn about Levi Stubbs’ death. So here’s a blast from the past.


3 comments:

Nicole said...

What a sweet memory!

Tbyrd said...

That is so sweet. *sniff sniff*

Anonymous said...

I love it! I Love Levi singing "Bernadette," too. That's classic!